Aftercare Centre Principal
If you are passionate about education and the development of learners to reach their full potential, this position at Babylonstoren’s Aftercare Centre may be an ideal opportunity for you.
- Teaching qualification.
- At least 10 years’ teaching experience.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English, with good communication skills.
- Must be available to work from Monday to Friday from 08h00 to 17h00, as well as overtime before and after regular office hours and during school holidays as needed.
- Goal orientated, patient and enthusiastic to work with learners.
- Good with crisis management.
- Driver’s licence with PDP (code 8), with own transport.
- Daily management of the staff, driver, tutors and learners.
- General purchases of items such as learners’ stationery and clothes for school, sport and assignments.
- Assist with preparation for and submission of learners’ school applications.
- Manging the D6 programme and coordination between school and parents.
- Purchases of items needed for sport and essentials for sport days.
- Assist with entrepreneurial days at school.
- Assist with school assignments and purchases of materials as needed.
- Assist with high school learners’ aptitude tests.
- Assist with matriculants’ applications to tertiary institutions regarding courses, course materials and accommodation, as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate camps for learners.
- Assist with social issues that affect learners and seek external support as needed.
- Meet with schoolteachers to discuss learners if required.
- Transport learners to extramural activities with own car as needed.
- Celebrate learners’ special days.
- Uphold good relationships with learners’ parents and provide support as needed.
- General maintenance of the aftercare centre.
- Manage the aftercare centre’s business plan and budget.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].