Buyer / Product Developer: Bath, Body & Home Fragrances
This position offers a wonderful opportunity to join the dynamic Babylonstoren team. To assist in expanding our lifestyle product offering, you need to be solution-oriented with experience in cosmetic, fragrance and retail environments. The job requires a category manager’s approach and includes buying, product development, a sound understanding of the industry, and technical requirements and considerations of product positioning. The successful candidate must have leadership qualities to be able to work in a cross functional team and take lead on the required job outline and responsibilities. The role suits a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can easily adapt to changing market and organisational requirements. You must be passionate about your work to the point where it inspires others. An innovative mindset and an ability to adjust to change will deliver successful job outputs and resulting job satisfaction.
- BSc Consumer Science or a relevant BCom or BSc qualification is a requirement.
- At least 5 – 8 years’ experience in category management, buying and/or product development or related experience.
- Experience in perfume and product formulation technology.
- A results-driven individual with a team-player attitude.
- Sound understanding of retail, consumer and lifestyle trends, as well as target market and range segmentation.
- Product innovation, flair and taste levels to deliver into Babylonstoren product excellence and experience.
- Understanding factory and product safety capabilities, opportunities and constraints.
- Customer knowledge and understanding; ability to select, tier, cost engineer and cost manage product ranges.
- Strong planning and project management skills.
- Computer literate (Ms Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of packaging development and packaging design processes.
- Sustainability mindset.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial approach, with ability to initiate and co-ordinate innovative and viable product ranges for the customer target.
- Flexible with ability and willingness to travel.
- Identify, analyse and interpret lifestyle, industry, retail and cosmetic trends to establish a product plan and category strategy.
- Identify the latest retail and consumer trends and needs delivering strategic innovation and profitable sales growth.
- Execute and manage the product development process to ensure that product ranges are delivered according to Babylonstoren’s brand values of quality, innovation, inspiration, product safety and intrinsic value.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and drive supplier management to deliver mutually beneficial strategies.
- Identify potential product upgrades and repositioning to continuously improve the quality standards and customer satisfaction of the product ranges.
- Initiate and manage the packaging development, innovation and packaging design processes with customer-facing messages and effective brand identity and range clarity.
- Effective interpretation and understanding of customer research and customer focus group outcomes.
- Supplier and farm supply product development integration, co-ordination and evaluation.
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts and supplier agreements for retail and legal correctness, export compliance, trading term compliance and price, as well as acceptability of items to specifications, competitiveness with market and market position.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].