Food Product Administrative Assistant
This is a great opportunity to join the dynamic Babylonstoren team. The successful candidate will support the product and buying division with buying, product development and administrative tasks. You must have strong coordination and communication capabilities as liaison between the team and suppliers is a critical function of the position. Exceptional computer skills, good interpersonal skills and an eye for detail are also required to be successful in this role. An innovative mindset and ability to adjust to change will assist in a successful job output and satisfaction.
- A post-school qualification in administration or a similar field.
- Experience in the retail or production industries.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Proactive and innovative mindset.
- Focussed on customer retention and building positive relationships.
- Sound business acumen and emotional resilience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Afrikaans.
- Excellent computer skills in all facets of its use as a buying tool.
- Updating and maintaining financial documentation, whilst working alongside Sage's financial software, and keeping products’ information updated as changes occur.
- Managing sample inventory and providing administrative support for various product categories.
- Creating and maintaining databases to track and manage packaging and documentation information efficiently.
- Liaising with suppliers, communicating deadlines and following up on ETA’s.
- Planning and organising weekly benchmarking and gathering samples from the market.
- Creating accurate and aesthetic presentations on PowerPoint and Canva.
- Steering liaison among team members and working alongside different apartments to gather information.
- Creating labels and packaging and maintaining a label inventory for all products.
- Assisting with general administrative tasks including product assessment, capturing buying data and report compilation.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].