Food Technologist (Production)
This position offers a wonderful opportunity to join the dynamic Babylonstoren team. The ideal candidate is solution-oriented with experience in effective management of product and packaging information, food safety and food quality assurance processes. The successful candidate must possess leadership qualities, be able to work in a cross-functional team and take ownership of the position’s responsibilities. The role suits a highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can easily adapt to changing market and organisational requirements. You must be passionate about your work to the point where it inspires others. An innovative mindset and an ability to adjust to change will deliver successful job outputs and resulting job satisfaction.
- Relevant tertiary degree.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience in the FMCG industry.
- Sound knowledge of technical processes and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (Afrikaans and English).
- Knowledge of quality assurance and quality control systems and processes.
- Knowledge of technical food safety auditing would be advantageous.
- Build supplier relationships and verify suppliers’ adherence to regulations, standards and company requirements.
- Manage product and packaging information in terms of accuracy, relevance, availability, and suppliers’ adherence to specifications, regulations, and company standards.
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained throughout the supply chain.
- Oversee product quality and food safety management during processing.
- Investigate customer complaints and ensure implementation of preventive actions.
- Conduct process audits.
- Conduct risk analysis and implement action plans.
- Conduct monthly internal PRP audits.
- Innovate and improve processes to achieve better results through new ideas, methods, and approaches.
- Assist with new product developments through factory trials and product analysis (chemical, microbiological and physical analyses).
- Monitor / standardise production according to formulations.
- Maintain an organised catalogue through time management, effective administration and saving on SharePoint.
- Conduct sensory evaluations for new products to ensure positive product releases.
Please send your CV to [email protected].