Head of Commercial Finance
Babylonstoren offers an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, driven and passionate Head of Commercial Finance to join our team.
- CA or CIMA qualification.
- At least six years’ post-article experience.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Exceptional commercial knowledge and skills in working closely with an operational team to improve performance.
- Familiar with the latest IFRS knowledge.
- Experience in an FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Experience in financial accounting and monthly management reporting.
- Ability to see the wider picture and implications whilst maintaining an eye for detail.
- Ability to focus on achieving key objectives to timescale.
- Excellent numeric, analytical and statistical competencies.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP, SAGE X3 and WMS applications and processing.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Strong business administration skills.
- Ability to supervise and develop junior team members.
- Managing the operating finance function across the business.
- Managing the finance team.
- Formulating and implementing the long-term financial strategy of the business as a whole, as well as the respective business units.
- Overseeing all financial reporting, including management accounts, annual accounts, weekly sales, and cost and stock reporting.
- Annual business planning and performance monitoring.
- Working closely with business units to improve performance, including improving sales and margin, identifying cost control opportunities, and eliminating inefficiencies.
- Ensuring the accuracy of stock across the business.
- Leading the annual accounts and audit process and serving as the key contact with our external auditors.
- Implementing and enforcing robust financial control systems and ensuring that these controls are embraced and applied both within the finance team and across the wider business.
- Integrating front of house, point of sale, e-commerce, stock, and HR systems with our financial systems.
- Identifying, addressing and monitoring any financial risks to the business that could prevent it from achieving its objectives.
- Undertaking internal audits on key risk areas across the business and driving improvement.
- Ensuring that budgets are adhered to.
- Overseeing company secretarial matters, including board reporting and annual returns.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].