Junior Financial Manager (Manufacturing)
Babylonstoren offers an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, driven and passionate junior financial manager to join our team.
- A CA or CIMA qualification.
- At least three years’ post-article experience.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English with professional communication skills.
- A background in manufacturing is essential.
- Familiar with the latest IFRS knowledge.
- Experience in financial accounting and monthly management reporting.
- Experience in contributing to successful culture change and new ways of working.
- Ability to see the wider picture and implications, whilst maintaining an eye for detail.
- Ability to focus on achieving key objectives to timescale.
- Strong numeric, analytical, and statistical competencies.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of ERP applications and processing.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to analyse and resolve complex problems.
- Team-player attitude.
- Strong business administration skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- Prepare monthly management pack reports for business units, including comparisons and explanations for significant variations between budget and actuals.
- Prepare management accounting information on costings, margins and stock levels.
- Support the development, standardisation and implementation of new financial systems and processes to reflect best practice and to ensure efficient, high-quality financial information.
- Ensure that suitable internal controls are in place.
- Assist with business units’ budget preparation.
- Prepare audit support schedules for year-end audit.
- Assist in training staff to implement new financial processes and/or procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc financial requirements.
- Support the Head of Finance in advising on various accounting matters.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].