Meat Production Assistant
Babylonstoren has an exciting new position for a meat production assistant to join the butchery team.
- A completed National Senior Certificate qualification (matric / Grade 12).
- At least 2 – 3 years’ experience in a meat factory or food processing environment.
- Good comprehension and ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Formal food safety training would be advantageous.
- Willingness to work overtime, night shift and over weekends when operationally required.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English with good communication skills.
- Ability to stand and walk for 5 – 6 hours, work in a cold environment, and lift 20 kg from the ground.
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team to ensure timely and organised workflow.
- Punctual, organised and detail-oriented individual.
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Assist with meat processing whilst maintaining quality and production standards.
- Support butchers as needed with grinding, deboning and trimming meat, and sausage making.
- Assist with order packing and fulfilment.
- Assist with inventory and cooler organisation.
- Clean equipment and work areas to maintain health and sanitation standards.
- Practice food safety and temperature control procedures at all times.
- Participate in staff meetings and training, as needed.
- Understand policies and practices that are relevant to our work environment.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].