Media & Communication Intern
Are you a skilled communicator with a passion for storytelling, writing and an eye for aesthetics? Do you thrive in building strong relationships within the media industry? If so, we want to hear from you.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field.
- Proven working experience in public relations or media.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with crisis management would be advantageous.
- Organisational, administrative and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking abilities.
- Proactive, reliable, responsible and detail orientated.
- Proficient in digital media and social media platforms.
- Experience in the hospitality, winemaking, food and/or tourism industry would be advantageous.
- Support the media lead in developing and implementing the media strategy.
- Create engaging content for various media channels, including press releases and multimedia materials.
- Coordinate media visits, photoshoots and filming.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets and handle media enquiries.
- Enhance our social media presence by assisting with content creation and audience engagement.
- Develop and maintain a media contact database, capturing accurate and up-to-date information about media outlets and influencers.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of written materials through proofreading and editing.
- Identify and negotiate opportunities for advertising in various media outlets, ensuring that it aligns with our campaigns.
- Ensure consistent messaging and branding across all communication materials and channels, both internal and external.
- Capture press clippings and track media and communications metrics to measure the effectiveness of media efforts and campaigns.
- Plan and coordinate media events and product launches.
This media internship opportunity is a temporary position, providing valuable experience and the opportunity to grow without a long-term commitment. Please send your CV, including your notice period and salary expectation to [email protected].