We’re currently taking hotel bookings for future stays and handling each reservation on a case by case basis. We’ll be able to make a change to your reservation if the government lockdown is extended, and we are unable to open.
Our hotel team is actively testing precautions and procedures to allow the safe re-opening of the hotel. These will be finalised in line with guidance from the government and health and safety practitioners, but will take into consideration:
- Enhanced cleaning regime for bedrooms and public spaces.
- Limiting numbers in public spaces and maintaining social distancing.
- Increased room service offering.
- Temperature checks upon arrival.
- Equipping staff with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves, suitable clothing and masks.
- Providing guests with hand sanitiser and masks.
- Housekeeping staff will wait for guests to leave the hotel room before entering.
- Before arrival, guests will be asked if they’ve been feeling sick (fever, chills, coughing, etc.) in the last two weeks, and they will receive a newsletter outlining our safety precautions.
- Safe operation of spa
Re-Opening of Restaurants
We’ve taken some time to assess the situation and our restaurant team is actively testing precautions and procedures to allow the safe re-opening of our restaurants when permitted. This will be finalised in line with guidance from government and health and safety advisers, but will take into consideration:
- Limit the number of people in restaurants.
- Signs reminding guests about social distancing and our safety procedures.
- Redesigning seating arrangements to ensure at least 1,5 m of separation between table setups.
- Social distancing and protective equipment.
- Strong procedures and practices to clean and sanitise surfaces. Regularly (and visibly) sanitise surfaces like counters, door handles, tabletops, chairs, bathrooms, etc.
- Designing a process to ensure guests stay separate while waiting to be seated.
- Hand sanatiser are readily available, including contactless hand sanitising stations outside the door of the restaurant entrance.
The Garden Spa
We undertake to comply with all regulation and guidelines as stipulated by government.
For your safety:
- Temperature checks are done at the farm’s entrance gate.
- Before arrival, guests will be asked whether they’ve been feeling unwell (fever, chills, coughing, etc.) during the past two weeks.
- All guests must wear masks.
- Therapists wear protective clothing such as masks and follow enhanced cleaning regimes.
- Only one guest is allowed in the reception area at a time.
- Only one guest and one therapist are allowed in a treatment room at a time.
- Treatment rooms are disinfected after use.
- Hand sanitisers are readily available.
- The pool, salt room, steam room and sauna remain closed until further notice.
- No hammam treatments or facials are offered until further notice.
- Hand towels in the bathrooms have been replaced with disposable towels.
- All magazines have been temporarily removed from the chill room.
- Electronic devices are constantly sanitised.
- Cleaning stations with disinfectants are available for cleaning gym equipment.
- Only two guests are allowed in the gym at a time.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We are fully compliant with the SA Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. We have several safeguarding measures in place, from social distancing, limited entry in the shops, and frequent sanitisation of touchpoints such as toilets. Staff are directed to wash hands regularly, maintain social distancing and apply hand sanitiser between locations.
Re-opening other attractions and facilities will be dependent on government guidance and the amendment of restrictions. We expect this to be phased, but we are already busy undertaking risk assessments in advance, to identify areas of concern and potential compromises to social distancing.