In order to pull all the various parts of Babylonstoren together as one, we rely heavily on a stellar team of receptionists, housekeepers, chefs, gardeners, therapists, horticulturists, managers and winemakers to make it all happen. Babylonstoren has many exciting employment opportunities, and so if you are passionate about your career and enthusiastic about the possibility of working for us, please send your CV to email@example.com with the position your are applying for in the subject line.
Essential oils sales assistant
Babylonstoren has a great opportunity for a people person who has a passion for retail and is not afraid to operate as part of a high-performance team!
- Relevant qualification
- Experience in the sales/retail environment
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- Experience in working with essential oils or work experience within the beauty industry will be to your advantage.
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Assisting guests with their product purchases
Media and communications internship
We’re on the hunt for the right person to join us as a media and communications intern!
Here’s what you need to know:
The position is a paid internship. You must want a career in lifestyle and tourism media. The right person for the job will be hard-working and dedicated, and someone who is looking to gain insight into and experience of the tourism media industry. You will be assisting with the day-to-day operation of the office, some internal design work, content creation, media visits and media administration,and location management of shoots. You will also have to run errands (which means that you will need your own transport).
We are looking for someone who:
is available to start immediately
is professional in the way he or she communicates and interacts with clients, the press and co-workers whatever the situation and whatever the deadline pressures
has strong digital skills with experience of design programs such as InDesign and Photoshop
is able to work to deadlines and multitask efficiently
has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is fluent in Afrikaans and English
is extremely organised, and has a laptop/computer
The shooting and printing deadlines you will have to meet will involve after-hours work and running around on the farm, so remember your hat!
Office hours: 08:00-17:00
Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about payroll to become part of the Babylonstoren team.
- Three years’ experience with VIP Payroll or other payroll software
- Matric as minimum training requirement
- Computer literate and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of legal requirements regarding payroll
- Excellent administration skills
- Focus on detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Monthly/weekly updates of salary register, schedule and payroll for new employees and resignations
- Monitoring of debt garnishee orders, savings plans, loans, diverse expenses
- Reconciliation of provident fund, PAYE, UIF, SDL
- Processing time schedules, calculating remuneration, UIF and - PAYE deductions, salaries, increases, bonuses, contractor payments
- Calculating travel allowances, car schemes, salary packages
- Doing audits to ensure data integrity
- Reporting on, maintaining and preparing the necessary reports
- Assisting with staff queries regarding salaries and provident fund
- Ensuring that all payments are done correctly and on time
- Printing and handing out pay slips
Social media assistant
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Media Assistant to join the Babylonstoren marketing team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing social media publishing and community management and will assist with content planning, digital research, evaluation, reporting and administrative tasks.
- Help manage and produce creative and original content (copy, images and video) for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Candide Gardening App.
- Develop and implement a social media content strategy that supports the company’s marketing objectives.
- Managing and responding to advocates comments and questions, across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blog.
- Attend activities as needed to capture pictures and video for social media content.
- In charge of escalating customers queries to customer service or relevant department.
- Have a love and passion for social media and content
- Proven experience in social media and digital marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Afrikaans.
- Naturally curious with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Be comfortable working with people at all levels of the organisation and able to develop strong working relationships.
- Be reliable, committed and willing to go above and beyond if required.
- Demonstrated aptitude for social content discovery.
- Be willing to check-in after hours to respond to followers’ comments and questions.
- Degree in Marketing, media or relevant field.
Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for someone in the olive industry who is passionate about olives, wants to celebrate the olive as product, can enthuse others over the versatility of the product as well as do olive marketing.
- Qualification in marketing will be to your advantage
- Experience in olive market will be to your advantage
- Marketing experience at trade shows will be to your advantage
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Driver’s license
- Must be able to work on weekends and public holidays when requested
- Olive marketing and attending shows
- Management of market for olives
Please send CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive chef and team leader
Are you the individual we are looking for?
Babylonstoren is looking for an aspirational individual with a strong point of view to join our culinary team. We are building partnerships and are developing a culture aligned to what we call the ‘Babylonstoren Way’. We believe in preservation of the environment for future generations and invest in people who can make a difference.
- Excellent communication skills
- Approachable and available for individual and team development purposes
- Enjoy to manage, coach and train people
- Good organizational skills
- Good and effective delegation
- Confident, knowledgeable with culinary knowledge
- Innovative and inspiring
- Multitasking and fast paced decision making
- Good business sense
- Attention to detail / food styling
- Implementation of farm to table concept / aligned with current food and consumer trends
- Personal food style and identity aligned to the brand will be an advantage
- Gardening and plant knowledge will be an advantage
- Business acumen
- 10 years + in the hospitality or restaurant industry
- Global travel and food experiences will be an advantage
- Recruiting and managing teams and individuals
- Safety and hygiene implementation
- Stock control and cost / budget
- Menu design, planning, costing and budgeting
- Managing of min 200 Pax busy restaurant/multiple restaurants and events
- Exposure to aspirational brands
- Food waste management
- Restaurant ambience and customer experience/ interaction