Internships & Volunteers
We welcome fellow gardeners, horticulturists, botanists or those who are eager to learn more about gardening and share their knowledge. You’ll work with our gardeners in every aspect of the garden but, most importantly, get a chance to contribute to the garden in a real way – planting, harvesting, pruning, mulching and watching.
"How lucky can I be, to be here. It’s paradise lost and found."
We are passionate about our garden at Babylonstoren, and so we welcome fellow gardeners, horticulturists, botanists or those who are simply interested in learning more about gardening. As long as you’re happy to get your hands dirty and willing to dedicate one or two mornings per week, we will be more than happy to have you join us.
- Tuesday and/or Thursday mornings 08h00–13h00.
- A wholesome lunch is served at 13h00 daily for anyone working at Babylonstoren.
- We do not follow a special programme, but volunteers help our garden team with their daily tasks as and where needed. This may include sowing, propagation, harvesting, washing, potting and weeding.
We are passionate about our garden and sharing it. Therefore we offer practical internships for students in the Horticulture / Agricultural fields. You will learn and work with our skilled master gardeners who together, create an environment filled with curiosity and passion for what they do.
- Duration of internship: 3 months - based on your performance, your internship can be extended for a year. - Students shared accommodation is available on the farm - depending on availability at the time.
- Students earn a basic montly salary and lunch is included every workday.
- You need to be happy to work outside, physically strong and a have great sense of curiosity.
Contact Liesl van der Walt at [email protected] to apply.