"If, like me, you love hotels (and the fact that you’re reading this is a good indication that you do), you’ll have ones you’ll like, ones you love, and the odd one you loathe. You’ll also have those that you’ll never forget for all the right reasons. But how many can you say have actually changed your life?"
The Best Hotel Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay and we feel that there can be no better start to the day than sitting down to an abundant breakfast table.
Devised according to what’s in season and ready for picking in the garden, you can expect the freshest of just-blended juices, seasonal fruit, homemade muesli with a twist, freshly baked bread from our bakery, thick farm-style yoghurts and our own farm honey.
FARM TO FORK LUNCH
Our flagship restaurant Babel is open from Wednesday to Sunday for lunch, and serves food that is seasonal and that reflects the "pick, clean and serve" approach in keeping with Babylonstoren’s farm-to-fork philosophy.
Our custom-built Greenhouse is open seven days a week from 10h00 to 16h00 and serves tea and other liquid infusions as well as light lunches of fresh salads and breads from our wood-fired oven, dressed with meats and cheeses.
Open from Monday to Sunday from 18h00 to 19h30. (Restaurant closes at 20h30).
The Bakery - Currently not available
Italian-inspired evening meals are served in the Bakery on Monday and Friday evenings. The four-course set menu starts with an antipasti and salad offering, homemade pasta followed by moreish wood-fired pizza, to be enjoyed to your heart's content. On Wednesdays, join us for a five-course Carnivore Evening (not for vegetarians!). We celebrate the best meat in Africa. Enjoy a glass of wine and live accordion music while the coals are glowing.
RELAX AND UNWIND AT OUR SPA
We welcome our hotel guests to come and relax at our Garden Spa. Our gym overlooks the garden, for a workout with a view. The swimming pool is a restored farm reservoir and perfect for hot summer days.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
- A Babylonstoren breakfast
- Full access to the garden at all times
- A guided garden tour and farm walk
- Guided fishing
- Bicycles to explore the 200 hectare farm
- Rowing at the dam
- Mountain drive (for a two-night stay and longer)
- Morning harvest with the gardeners
- Bread baking with the bakers
- Cellar tour and wine tasting (Currently not available)
- Guest laundry – six items per room per day
- Babylonstoren workshops (Workshops will resume in September)
- Personalised larder in your room
- The spa is open but due to Covid-19 regulations the pool, salt room, steam room and sauna remain closed until further notice.
- 15% VAT (subject to change)
EXCLUDED FROM YOUR STAY
- Meals other than breakfast
- All drinks other than from the personalised larder in the room
- Spa treatments
- 1% tourism levy per room per night
- All transfers
Check in from 14h00
We will offer guests who arrive early the use of the facilities at our Spa to freshen up should their room not be ready for occupation.
Families are most welcome at Babylonstoren and children under 2 stay free if sharing a room with their parents in a cot.
Families of a maximum of 4 guests (regardless of age) to be accommodated in a two-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Families of 3 guests (regardless of age) share a two-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Please note the Farmhouse is not child-friendly and therefore we do not accommodate families for this accommodation option.
Stay 4 Pay 3
1 May – 31 August 2020, excluding groups occupying six and more rooms.
- The Monocle Restaurant Awards 2018, Top 50 Restaurants
- National Geographic Traveller Big Sleep Awards 2017
- Condé Nast Traveler USA, The Gold List 2018
- Condé Nast Traveller UK, The Gold List 2017
- Tatler Spa Guide UK 2018
- Nebukadnesar 2014, Gold at the 2017 Decanter Wine Awards