Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for a passionate cycad horticulturalist to join the garden team.
- Degree in horticulture.
- At least five years’ experience in landscape installations and rock garden construction.
- At least five years’ experience with cycad collections and identification.
- Agronomic knowledge of fertilizer application and treatments of diseases and pests (AVCASA).
- Computer literate (Microsoft).
- Fluent in Afrikaans and Engels with good communication skills.
- Manage acquisition figures on the IRIS programme for the whole Babylonstoren garden.
- Knowledge of plant permit legislation and application process.
- Maintenance of South African and African cycad species.
- Experience and knowledge of cycad transplanting methods.
- Pruning of young and older plants.
- Physical weed control.
- Manage quarantine area.
- Preparation of soil mixtures.
- Irrigation – intervals and installations.
- Pollination of cones.
- Propagation by seed or suckers.
- Conduct plant collection expeditions.
- Present specialist garden tours.
- Present workshops.
- General tasks within the greater garden team.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].