Fresh Production Manager (JHB)
Babylonstoren is now acquiring a Fresh Production Manager with a strong interest in new product development and sourcing, a passion for quality, and the ability to manage our fresh food suppliers in the Johannesburg area.
- Tertiary qualification in logistics, procurement, operations and/or supply chain management.
- Minimum three years’ proven experience in a logistics, distribution, production or warehousing environment, preferrably within the agricultural fresh produce industry.
- General knowledge of the agricultural fresh produce industry and fresh products that are supplied.
- Knowledge of product packaging (quality and ordering).
- Passion for agriculture and a commitment to sustainable farming practices.
- Strong knowledge of fresh produce varieties, quality standards, and market dynamics.
- Track record for excellent customer service.
- Proven experience of team management – minimum 10 staff.
- Computer literate with experience in using MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook) and working knowledge of Sage.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), specifically in English and Afrikaans, with the ability to interact with people of all levels.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Flexibility to work extended hours during peak seasons or emergencies.
- Reporting to the National Fresh Produce Manager in CPT.
- Compiling weekly reports to management.
- Creating and monitoring key measurable outputs for which the production team will be responsible.
- Executing efficient and accurate ordering and expediting orders.
- Expediting stock requests and communicating requests with depot personnel for minimum stock levels.
- Monitoring stock levels of fresh produce and packaging at BT depot.
- Bi-weekly inspections of external processing plant.
- Participating in stocktake.
- Prioritising tasks and managing time correctly in order to complete daily tasks timeously.
- Addressing and investigating customer complaints.
- Adhering to all internal control policies of the company.
- Adhering to all legislation pertaining to the enforcement of hygienic practices.
- Upholding and working according to all internal and external safety guidelines.
- Local travel to farms and producers of fresh products to maintain good supplier relationships.
- Sourcing new suppliers (farmers, growers or materials).
- Liaising with BT Cape Town for merging of optimal stock procurement.
- Investigating cost-saving opportunities within the fresh production space.
- Managing the production team according to the company’s standards through ensuring productivity and desirable work ethics.
- Identify opportunities for process optimisation and implement innovative techniques to enhance productivity and yield.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with suppliers and stay updated on industry news, new products, and emerging trends.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected].