Babylonstoren has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Video Editor to join the creative team. The successful candidate will be responsible for skilfully assembling video footage and applying editing techniques and best practice to create finished projects that accurately reflect the vision of the brand.
- A diploma or degree in photography/cinematography or related field.
- Three to five years’ relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience in using editing software, e.g., Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Audition.
- A creative mindset and storytelling skills.
- Impeccable work ethic and positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Problem-solving, task-orientated and result-driven individual.
- Ability to work according to a tight schedule.
- A team-player attitude, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Drive towards continuous improvement and skills development.
- Up to date with video and social media trends and best industry practice.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Availability to work full time and on site at Babylonstoren in Simondium (working remotely is not an option).
- Willingness to work flexible hours and assist the team as needed.
- Own transport.
- Edit video footage and audio using post-production software.
- Work closely with the videographer to edit videos according to a guide/brief.
- Assemble video footage into cohesive stories.
- Collaborate on storyboards and concepts with the creative team.
- Create motion graphics to enhance videos.
- Add appropriate effects, graphics, dialogues and music into videos to improve appeal.
- Proficient with camera equipment and willing to occasionally film videos in studio or on location.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing and filming trends and keep abreast of industry’s best practices to maximise efficiency.
- Be tech savvy and take ownership of editing equipment, software, e.g., calibrating and maintaining equipment.
Please send your CV and salary expectation to [email protected]