"If, like me, you love hotels (and the fact that you’re reading this is a good indication that you do), you’ll have ones you’ll like, ones you love, and the odd one you loathe. You’ll also have those that you’ll never forget for all the right reasons. But how many can you say have actually changed your life?"
The Best Hotel Breakfast
Breakfast is included in your stay and we feel that there can be no better start to the day than sitting down to an abundant breakfast table.
Devised according to what’s in season and ready for picking in the garden, you can expect the freshest of just-blended juices, seasonal fruit, homemade muesli with a twist, freshly baked bread from our bakery, thick farm-style yoghurts and our own farm honey.
FARM TO FORK LUNCH
Our flagship restaurant Babel is open from Wednesday to Sunday for lunch, and serves food that is seasonal and that reflects the "pick, clean and serve" approach in keeping with Babylonstoren’s farm-to-fork philosophy.
Our custom-built Greenhouse is open seven days a week from 10h00 to 16h00 and serves tea and other liquid infusions as well as light lunches of fresh salads and breads from our wood-fired oven, dressed with meats and cheeses.
Open from Monday to Sunday from 18h00 to 20h30. (Restaurant closes at 21h00).
The Old Bakery
Italian-inspired evening meals are served in the Bakery on Monday, Tuesday and Friday evenings. The four-course set menu starts with an antipasti and salad offering, homemade pasta followed by moreish wood-fired pizza, to be enjoyed to your heart's content.
On Wednesday and Sunday evenings, join us for a five-course Carnivore Experience (not for vegetarians!). We celebrate the best meat in Africa. Enjoy a glass of wine and live accordion music while the coals are glowing.
RELAX AND UNWIND AT OUR SPA
We welcome our hotel guests to come and relax at our Garden Spa. Our gym overlooks the garden, for a workout with a view. The swimming pool is a restored farm reservoir and perfect for hot summer days.
Our hot spa is an exclusive area where guests can enjoy the use of the sauna, steam room, indoor heated vitality pool, tropical rain showers and salt room.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
- A Babylonstoren breakfast
- Full access to the garden at all times
- A guided garden tour and farm walk
- Guided fishing
- Bicycles to explore the 200 hectare farm
- Rowing at the dam
- Mountain drive (for a two-night stay and longer)
- Morning harvest with the gardeners
- Bread baking with the bakers
- Cellar tour and wine tasting
- Guest laundry – six items per room per day
- Babylonstoren workshops
- A selection of personalised beverages in your room
- Access to the Garden Spa
- 15% VAT (subject to change)
EXCLUDED FROM YOUR STAY
- Meals other than breakfast
- All drinks other than the beverages supplied in your room or the hotel's bar area
- Spa treatments
- 1% tourism levy per room per night
- All transfers
Check in from 14h00
We will offer guests who arrive early the use of the facilities at our Spa to freshen up should their room not be ready for occupation.
Families are most welcome at Babylonstoren and children under 2 stay free if sharing a room with their parents in a cot.
Families of a maximum of 4 guests (regardless of age) to be accommodated in a two-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Families of 3 guests (regardless of age) share a two-bedroom cottage at standard rates.
Please note the Farmhouse is not child-friendly and therefore we do not accommodate families for this accommodation option.
- Travel & Leisure 500 Best Hotels in the World 2023
- Travel & Leisure USA 2023 World's Best Awards, #1 resort in Africa
- Condé Nast Traveller UK, USA, Spain and Italy, The Gold List 2023
- Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards 2022, #1 Innovative Wine Tourism Experiences
- Travel + Leisure 2023 World’s Best Awards, #14 in 100 Best Hotels in the World
- KFM Best of the Cape 2023, #1 Wine Farm Experience
- AHEAD MEA, Awards for Hospitality Experience and Design, winner in the Spa and Wellness category
- Condé Nast Traveller UK and USA Readers' Choice Awards 2021, 2022 and 2023, #1 hotel in Southern Africa
- Tatler Travel Guide 2022 – 101 best hotels in the world
- Great Wine Capitals Best of Wine Tourism Awards 2023, #1 Accommodation
- Tatler Spa Guide 2020