Our wines are a combination of the very essence of Babylonstoren – keeping things simple and as true to the earth as possible. Truth to the area we are situated in on the slopes of Simonsberg, and simplicity by making elegant and balanced wines as natural as possible.
Peaches and apricots, lightly oaked. Complex and elegant.
Tropical fruit, melon and guava. Crisp and refreshing in summer.
Litchi, lime and fresh fruit – complex and enticing. Exciting on bright, sunny days.
Red fruit and strawberries; romantic, playful afternoons and evenings. Carefree.
Red berry and chocolate, sweet tobacco and fynbos. Dominated by Bordeaux cultivars.
Dark fruits, cherries and cassis with a velvety texture. A soft, multi-layered wine with well-rounded tannins and a lingering finish
White pepper, red fruit and spice. Matured in new French oak. Intense and concentrated.
Oranges and limes, minerality and a whiff of vanilla. Matured in new French oak. A big wine for special occasions.
Fragrances of thyme and violets, blackcurrant and cigar box. Full-bodied with excellent balance.
Aged chardonnay à la MCC. Fresh apple and tropical tones, gentle brioche flavours.
- 2016 Decanter Wine Awards - 2014 Nebukadnesar, Gold 95/100
- 2015 International Wine Challenge - 2013 Shiraz, Gold Medal
- 2018 Terroir Awards - 2017 Viognier, Top Viognier in SA
- 2017 Tim Atkin Wine Report - 2012 Sprankel, 93/100
- 2017 Veritas - 2016 Chardonnay, Double Gold
- 2017 Michelangelo Awards - 2015 Nebukadnesar, Gran D’Or Medal (Double Gold)